Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Originally Posted by high_country_
I did speak to a human at beretta today. they told me that they were sorry they had me send the gun in as there is no warranty to the second owner regardless of age. they also said if I want to see the gun again, pay the man.

i don't understand that they (Beretta) even admit they should not have told you to send it in, which then in my opinion puts the error on them and not the consumer. at that point (& i wish you had gotten that on a recording)to me anyway, it is their error and their financial responcibility. heck the fact that the repair center never told you the repairs were going to be on your dime is yet another error on the repair centers fault, again IMHO putting the burden of repair cost onto them. there has to be someplace you can file a legit complaint and cause them some grief somewhere.

and therein lies th root of my anger on this deal. had they told me it would get fixed on my dime I would have understood.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.