The pack has meet my expectations. Dan is an artist in his own right. Everything is well thought out and done right.

As a custom build, I had Dan do the following options:

- Upsized frame stays and shoulder straps for heavy 100 lbs + loads.
- Oversized the back pouch for additional storage.
- Organizing pockets inside of the back pouch.
- Extra loops inside the main bag on the frame sleeve for lashing points to attach my meat baggie.
- 500d Cordura main bag and accessories in Coyote Brown for extra strength and abrasion resistance.
- Spectra/Dyneema back pouch for extra durability.
- Frame extensions that allow it to be used for a low profile day pack, or extended for heavy/tall loads that necessitate load lifter straps or extra storage.

While I obviously haven't used this pack much yet, I expect it to work very well compressed down for day/overnight scouting trips or fully expanded for week long bivy hunts. The back pouch works perfectly for storing a rain coat and fleece in the bottom with my 65mm scope and tripod on top, for easy access. The waist belt pockets, which are removable, will easily hold a range finder and release aid in a single pocket. The varied compression straps, horizontal and vertical, are all removable to you can customize your pack to the trip and leave any unnecessary weight at home.

Another very satisfied McHale pack customer.

Last edited by russ_outdoors; 12/15/10.