That antiquated comment was so uninformed as to be a joke right!?

I've been trying for years to get the kind of fit from off the rack packs that Mchale customers rave about. I've actually sent back packs from the big 2 pack companies due to poor fit of their "custom design" which is essentially a production pack with adjustable yoke. No slight to them- I'm not an avg size guy a bit difficult to fit with off the rack merchandise- both had excellent customer service.

After a few conversations with these folks it appears there are some patents owned by Mr Mchale that are difficult to design around and get that good old "Antiquated" custom fit they are all trying to achieve.

After 200miles+ since August with my latest "Semi custom" XL pack that developed a horrendous squeak [that left REI and the manufacturer with no answer] I'm finally ready to bite the bullet on a custom. By the way, kudos to REI for taking that pack back after being beat from the Alaska range to the Rockies and back more than once. Thats some customer satisfaction right there!

"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."

Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter