I tried the 200 grain Nosler BT in my 338...and I didnt care for them. I thought penetration was poor at best and they didnt kill animals faster or better than my 250 grain partitions.

I got hung up on all the ballistic tip craze as well as going light for caliber...1994 was the year. I had to try them.

I shot a dall sheep, black bear, bull moose, a bull elk, 2 doe deer, and a whitetail buck with them that year.

I recovered 3 bullets from the above animals. Black bear broad side shot broke a rib on entry and exit side...bullet under the hide. The moose broadside shot it through the top of the shoulders, bullet between off shoulder and body cavity. Shot the bull elk broadside first shot, bullet exited. Bull ran maybe 50 yards and I shot it through the neck the second time, breaking the neck. Found the bullet under the skin on the off-side of the neck.

It worked good on the sheep and deer...but nothing to brag about and I could have had the same results with just about any other caliber from 243-338 and just about any bullet. Nothing special and IMO severely lacked the penetration abilities of the 250's.

A few of the BT victims from 1994, at least I gave them an honest try:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]