Originally Posted by Mule Deer
janesvillejohn,

Actually, the 200-grain Ballistic Tip and AccuBond have better BC's than listed by Nosler--and even the Nosler guys have admitted that to me.

In actual field-testing, the 200-grain .338 BT shoots just about as flat as the 200-grain .30 Partition, with both started at the same muzzle velocity. I know this because I have done it.

I have also killed a number of big game animals of various species with both bullets. In fact have taken elk with the .30-06, .300 Winchester and .300 Weatherby with the 200 Partition. There is a noticeable difference between how the two bullets kill, and it's in favor of the 200 .338 Ballistic Tip.

Just curious: How many animals have you shot with various 200-210 grain .338 bullets to come to your conclusion?
None in the 210 grain Partition, because no matter what I just couldn't get them to group like the 250 (which grouped the best), followed by the 225 grain partition. I never had problems with the partitions, as far as failing to expand. Now I had the front shear off, but the rear was intact. On heavy game animals, I just don't like the idea of fragmenting, lighter bullets. The Balistic tip definitely is more aerodynamic than the Partition, but what if you hit bone with the Ballistic tip. That's what would bother me. I'm sure the Ballistic tip makes spectacular kills if no heavy bone is hit. I just like the idea of full penetration, if you have to track your game. At least you have a good blood trail.

Off the subject a bit, but a friend of mine has been to Africa several times and shot 3 cape buffalo. He was using a 416 Rigby, with solids. He also has taken an elephant. These light fragmenting bullets hold no water in there argument when it comes to thick hided dangerous game like cape buffalo. The 243 lovers will never get that point, but it is pointless to try and convince them otherwise. I personally have never been to Africa, but I will take the word of my friend and his hunting partners who have.