It's a public range and the marshals are all old guys that don't offer much help or direction. It is a safe range and nobody can keep people from wacking their eyebrow, due to being stupid. It happens on all ranges. It is a nice 300 yard range nestled between two mountains with a creek running through it. It is only a couple of miles from my house, so I'm not going to move because of morons that can't shoot.

I have a Sportsmans Warehouse, Cabellas and several other big gun stores nearby. Most have young guys, or older guys that don't hunt working the gun counter. EVERY time I am in these stores, the counter help tells the potential buyer that they need a .338 or one of the Ultramags for the numerous elk here. Everything else will bounce off. I just overheard a customer wanting a .30-06 to hunt deer and elk with. The counter guy said, "I would never hunt elk with a .30-06. It just isn't big enough and drops like a rock past 200 yards. You need an ultra mag."

All the wannabees read crap on the internet about needing wonder magnums for elk, then get reassured by the inexperienced counter help that they need these super magnums as well.

The used shelves are FULL of used wonder magnums. Most have eyebrow hair or a blood smear on the scope. laugh I would say that about half the big rifles have some kind of a half azzed brake on them. So they went from hard recoil, had them braked, then sold them because they were too loud...lol. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.