Originally Posted by Jeff_O
IMHO, which is only based on seeing a few elk killed with it and putting about 600-700 of the damn things downrange out to 625 yards, the 225-gn Accubond is one of those bullets that stands out as arguably "best"... there's a lot of good things coming together in that bullet.

The elk killed by it in our camp went down DRT, at ranges in the 250-300 yd range. I don't have any personal experience with what it does at very close range- though Calvin's RUM experience at ~200 yds on a brown bear gets close to simulating a 338WM at close range...

Very well said Jeff. One thing about the 338 is it works wonderfully on elk with just about any bullet. I like the heavy 250 gr. sierra gameking because I know it produces DRT's and others like the lighter bullets because they think they "kill faster" for some reason whistle. The 225 is right in the middle and should be golden in the 338. I'd use it with no qualms whatsoever.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA