Nice post, Ed. Should help get focus on optimum siting.

Only one comment - I do not know of any restrictions on use of ATVs at the campgrounds - at least not in the Armijo Springs site. Hunters, etc., use ATVs there all of the time. Did you uncover some announced restriction?

The BIG issue last year came with forest prohibition on open fires/outdoor cooking due to dry conditions. That is why we were were smack on gravel next to the lake and needed to travel to shoot. We did not feel comfortable displaying firearms and having them out and about in an area where "others" (with kids, etc) were rather close by. The event in SV was great in that respect - lots of show and tell.

We'll make that happen one way or another. If we don't get the normal July 1 rains and experience similar restrictions this year, we will be better prepared and do just fine by making some optional adjustments - more than one option there.

I like Ken's flexible thinking for those that choose to disperse, but my bias is that it has seemed more enjoyable when the celebrants are mainly on-site and involved with ongoing events and arising fun.

I am sure looking forward to seeing you all - putting faces and voices to the posts here.

Thanks again, Ed.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron