Originally Posted by Texas99
I am awaiting my SECOND monthly Social Security check right now, and I sort of resent hearing it described as an "entitlement". I starting paying into that system when I was in high school, and continued to pay through 35 years of full-time employment. I will NEVER live long enough to collect more than a fraction of what I personally paid in. It is not an entitlement, more like a really bad investment. I could have put that money in a jar buried in the backyard and gotten a better return, BUT then the gov'ment could not have "borrowed" from it to finance all sorts of things I am not in favor of. Give me back what I've paid in, no more - I'll eat the return I could have earned had it been properly invested - , and then take my name of the "entitlement" list, OK?

+1. I expect the libtards will be going after military "retirements" pretty soon too. I certainly don't view anything I worked for or paid into as an entitlement, but rather as something I invested in (even if involuntarily, like social security) or earned, by 20+ years of military service. Like you, if I could take back what I've put into social security, interest free, I'd take it and run with it.

Social Security might have worked had not the libtard Johnson administration (I am NOT proud that he was a Texan) put it into the general fund, which allowed our corrupt elected officials to borrow from it.

Though difficult, I try not to allow myself to get upset over what is occurring. God's word tells us this is going to happen, and I know who wins in the end...

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14