Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Hey Barry, I have paid in to my Social Security fund for 50 + years now with the government guaranteeing me my money would be there for me. Now all of a sudden according to you its an entitlement. I PAID FOR IT!!!! How long you been paying for your entitlement?
Fought for years to get SS money put in an Individual accounts so that the guberment couldnt pilfer it to pay for other BS.
Never took any advantage for my military service in 69-72. No veteran preference in hiring, no VA beneys even though I have them, No VA loans, Nothing. I served, came home, went to work, and raised a family. All I want for my service is my flag from them when I pass, as to serve my country was a privledge. Can you say the same?
And if I look it up, I bet part of my 128.50 monthly pay went to SS too. Its not my entitlement, I [bleep] EARNED IT.

Swifty

An "entitlement" is simply something you are entitled to. The Gov't promised that in exchange for your payment, they'd give you a monthly benefit. Simple right?

But everyone knew and a few would even admit, from the beginning that SS is an unsustainable Ponzi scheme.

You were lied to and your money was stolen.

Don't feel too bad, you are getting far more from it than I ever will. I will continue paying into the pyramid and never see a dime in return. That's OK with me, because I can plan on that. But you've got to understand that the gravy train is about to run out of track. The math NEVER worked. I hope you come out OK.

The math did work and SS would be fine and in fact it would be paying handsomley if the politicians had not stolen all of the money out of it.