Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Plus you can get top quality 12 ga. shells for much less than other ga.s. As for a 16 it is a beautiful ga..but look at the stores and see the availability of ammo compared to others and the cost..

I'm not so sure about that. I think most will agree that Fioche Golden Pheasant is about as good as it gets for hunting loads,and here's an example with the 16 actually being a few cents cheaper for a couple of different loads, and certainly no more for any of it.
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/def...p;sort=2a&filter_id_caliber=12+Gauge

Granted, the local hardware store in BF-Egypt might not have 16ga on the shelf, but it's doubtfull they'll have your load of choice either. That's probably why you throw a few boxes of ammo in the trailer along with the shotgun. I mean,, lets face it, as much as the internet comando's like to tout a certain cartrige (30/06, 12ga) because of ammo availability should you loose or leave yours at home, very few of us actually know someone that's been there/done that.
As for variable chokes,,, choke tubes in doubles isn't uncommon, but having two chokes available at the same time is impossible with pumps/auto's.
I'll keep my SXS's and leave the rattling pumps, and jamming autos to the rest.

Again,,, JMO (based on my very biased and narrow minded preferences smile )