I try not to get too wrapped up in chokes on my huntign guns.
My favourite gunis a Westley Richards that for some reason or other had been cut, then an extention and a decelerator put on it at a later date, and the barrels have been cut to 26 1/2" so both barrels are cylinder.
I also shoot FFG Goex out if it.
I also have a Greener that iis bored CYL/MOD. and it shoots very well .

Another gun I use , and the one I use most of all my smokeless guns is a Ugartechea in 28 that has IC/MOD barrels.

Last year the wife got me a 40th Anniversary O/U , F.A.I.R. in 16, I had those barrels bored IC/MOD as well, because I feel that they work well.

I often switch up chokes and shoot the close birds with the mod barrel and the longer ones with the IC.

If a person is only going to buy one specific gun , I suggest they get themselves to a range and take a very good look around, talk to as many shooters as they can , and ask them to see their guns, they will possibly let you shoot a round with them - I know i am pleased when someone asks me if they can use one of mine.
This will give you a far better idea on how to make your choice.

Opinions are like azzholes, and for every guy that says you need a 12 gauge for geese there will be another that uses a 20 with no problems, and for every guy that says "get a SXS for birds" there will be another that says "get an O/U" and he will be right next to a guy who loves his 37 Ithaca.
Personally over the years I have had a few FTF's ( a few of them on new guns) and it's nice to know that I have two triggers and two barrels in case one breaks for some reason
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!