Originally Posted by isaac
I think he will do some time and I think it is right that he does.
========

Absurdly emotional and not even close to being premised within the testimony provided or the realities of this case.

Testimony can be believed, or disbelieved, based on logic and experience. Are you saying that emotions are the sole factor in deciding which testimony to believe?

Zimmerman fits just as neatly in his "cop wannabe" box as Martin fits in his "aspiring young street thug" box.

Martin being on top of Zimmerman seems to be a fact established by a credible eyewitness.

Zimmerman sustains injuries appropriate to a schoolyard fight between two 16 year old boys.

Zimmerman shoots Martin and the path of the bullet is consistent with the position established by the eyewitnesses testimony.

For all the events between Zimmerman's phone call to the cops, and the appearance of the eyewitness, we only have Zimmerman's statements.

I believe it is more likely than not that he lied about Martin's words;" You're gonna die tonight", and I doubt Zimmerman could have succeeded in drawing and firing his pistol if Martin had discovered its existence.

This would be my state of mind as a juror at this stage of the trial. If GZ chooses to take the stand and convince me of his credibility, I'd be open minded.

As a juror, I'd opt for a conviction on something short of murder.

If the question is simply;" Was Zimmerman in fear of death or great bodily harm at the time he pulled the trigger?"

I'd say he probably walks out of his house with that fear every night. That's why he's a wanna be cop.

Would a reasonable man in Zimmerman's position have that fear?

Why, Hell no.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place