Originally Posted by tbear
While most of us on the Fire believe Z should be acquitted this is a very polarizing trial. I work with almost all black coworkers in DC in armed security. Most served in the military, have a degree or are attending college, & are upstanding citizens. All are convinced that Z is a murderer that profiled TM & killed him because of race. Some of the Internet sights carry comments from social media of black after black calling for Z to be convicted & if freed will be murdered. My coworkers all contend that there will be wide spread rioting if Z is free & especially Florida will be "On Fire". I believe these threats are real & if & when Z is ever released that he will be likely murdered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

"... George Michael Zimmerman was born on October 5, 1983, in Manassas, Virginia,[51] and is the son of Gladys (n�e Mesa) Zimmerman, who was born in Peru,[3] and Robert Zimmerman, Sr., a retired Virginia magistrate.[52][53] He was raised Catholic,[3] in a family that his father has described as "multiracial;" his father is a white American of German descent[54] and his mother is Peruvian with some black ancestry through her Afro-Peruvian maternal grandfather.[3][Note 1] Zimmerman's voter registration record lists him as Hispanic and a registered Democrat.[55][56]..."