This shortage is being caused by the ammo companies I believe. When places like Midway, walmart, cabelas, etc. can not get ammo something fishy is going on. I have been told companies have a higher profit margin on centerfire ammo, 17 HMR, 22 mag, etc and are making more of that since people are still going to buy something.

I usually buy 3-4 cases of rimfire a year and have not bought but a 1K since the panic. I know guys that bought 5-10 cases a year that also have not bought any. Think of all the thousands of other benchrest shooters that bought cases upon cases of ammo every year that have bought nothing in the last 14 months. That's a lot of ammo to be sold 1 to 3 boxes at a time.

I called a place yesterday that sold American eagle for $169 a case. It then went to $229 case and now it's going to $290 a case. They did let me order the old price of $229 a case so I ordered a few cases. They told me 4-12 month expected delivery time.

I don't believe they are making as much rimfire ammo as they have in years past.

Dink