The American Rifleman magazine last month or this month's issue said the same thing. More gun owners, like in the millions in the last five years, most have bought 22 rifles or pistols. More people are into prepping also, which not only includes food, toiletry items, but ammo as well. Winchester just built a new 22 factory in Mississippi that just started production, I think last month. Remington is building a new factory. CCI is running 7 days a week and they are owned by the company ATK, that owns Federal also. We are also importing Wolf and Aquila. Hopefully once these new factories start production, the pressure might go down some. I too like CCI mini mag solids, but can't hardly find them.

I priced components and can reload 9mm as cheap as 22 mags cost. Wish the 9mm carbines didn't cost so much, like the Kel-Tec.

Of course for food gathering purposes; snares, traps, pellet guns, blow dart guns, even sling shots, can obtain small game. Why waste ammo in a SHTF situation. However for practice shooting and keeping your shooting skills up, 22lr is hard to beat.