Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Butch,

VarmintGuy prefers to drive around southwestern Montana every month or so, and when he doesn't find the "normal" amount of rimfire ammo on store shelves he whines about the conspiracy. Though he has admitted to finding both .22 Long Rifle and .17 M2 recently.

Apparently he cannot even begin to comprehend how demand beyond normal levels changes the market. He and DINK and others refuse to consider ordering ammo, instead of spending a bunch of money on gasoline in the blind hope of finding any on store shelves.

As a result he refuses to believe the testimony of many people about how rimfire manufacturers are running constantly. Instead he just keeps driving round and round and round.

Muledeer,
Your wrong again about me. I have been a hoarder since I have had a job. I have cases (yes, cases not bricks) of rimfire ammo. I currently have four cases (again cases not bricks) of various rimfire on order. I have always bought by the case and always keep plenty.

I need absolutely nothing but I like to buy and test stuff for myself.

Where I live I can hit several wal-marts, cabelas, bass pro, Dicks and a couple of very large privately owned gun shops with very little effort. One can even time it so you get to the majority of them just as they open. Usually there is not a single 22LR shell in all the above places for sale.

How many cases of ammo do you think the above places have on order? One of the private gun shops said he would take a 100 cases of CCI yet he usually has nothing or Eley edge in stock (that stuff is cheap). He says he simply not getting what he used to (he always had pallets of rimfire).

If the above places are not getting it who is? Who is getting all the extra ammo that the companies are making while retailers that order a hundred thousand dollars worth are getting little to none?

I can't believe that it's all going to mail order places while these big retailers sit empty.

Dink

Last edited by DINK; 01/18/14.