Originally Posted by Mule Deer
DINK,

You're another nitwit. I haven't gotten any "free" .22 ammo in at least 3-4 years, and I don't really care whether I'm as "respected" as Ross Seyfried.

Please tell me how many ammo and component factories you've visited in the past year, and how much of their production lines they have shut down so they can drive prices up. I've visited some, and will visit another in March. They're all running full-out, and shipping more stuff than they ever have in the past.

As one example, just about a year ago Hodgdon had already shipped as much powder in the first two weeks of 2013 as they normally ship in three months, and were already back-ordered. The orders haven't slowed down since.

I visited CCI in June and they were running 24/7, trying to fill rimfire orders--and they don't just make CCI rimfire ammo. They also make some for Federal and Remington. And yes, every one of their rimfire machines was spewing out ammo like a faucet. I'd visited the plant before, maybe 3-4 years ago, and in June they were making even more rimfire than they did then. One of their big problems is finding enough workers in the Lewiston area, because despite the good money, many get weary of working so hard, so find another job.

The same is true of every manufacturer I've talked to or visited. While they're all grateful for the business, they're getting weary of the continued and unprecedented work-load.

Now, please provide me with photos of all the shut-down .22 rimfire machines you've found in your visits to various factories. I haven't found any so far, except those temporaily stopped for repairs, due to running so hard for so long.

Ok, you seen them making 22 ammo. What was the end of year count? How much more did they make in 2013 than 2012?

If stores can't get product where did it go? Who's able to get it to hord it? Why the price increase from $169 to $290 a case?

Dink

Last edited by DINK; 01/11/14.