Originally Posted by Mauser12
I don't know how one can 'hoard' something that is not available. I know the owners or managers of nearly every sporting goods store in my area and they insist that they can not get a delivery on 22 LR. I have not seen any 22 LR on the shelves in nearly two years and I look every time I get to a shop. It is simply not being delivered to the sporting goods stores.

I know my Walmart and Dunhams are receiving 22LR. I know some of the scalpers that run out and buy it up for resale. It's all bought up the day it's put out.

An FFL friend of mine just told me one of his distributors said they had received a HUGE supply of 22LR ammo, but were requiring you to buy a 22LR firearm before they'd sell you any ammo. He said the sale of 22LR firearms had been down lately due to the ammo hoarding so they needed to unload some firearms. "Buy a gun to get your ammo" is a good way for them to unload some inventory to the desperate dealers. My guy said he's paying around $18.00 for a brick of cheap promo LR, selling them for $30.00 a brick to the gunshow and flea market guys who mark it up once again.