I love this topic. Mine was a Savage model 325-C in 30-30.

I know that's all you asked for but I like talking about it so here is a bit more info. My dad traded a Stevens 311 shotgun for it to his old boss. My dad never hunted birds so I don't even know why he had it. I was 12 years old but didn't hunt with it until I was 13. I killed my first 6 mule deer, two does and four bucks, with this rifle with open sights and whatever 170 grain bullets I happened to buy.

The rifle is incredibly accurate even with open sights. I used to go to the local shooting range once a year right before the hunting season because that's how my dad did things. I remember with open sights shooting 10-20 rounds up each time at one target. I always sighted 2 inches high at 100 yards and all rounds were usually in about 1.5-2 inches. I remember wondering what the problem was with all the guys at the range with brand new fancy rifles and big scopes with rounds all over the targets...

I shot Winchester, Federal and Remington 170 grain loads through it but liked the Remington's the best for the cheesy reason that I liked the looks of the round nose bullet better than the flat points.... Still have the rifle and haven't shot it in forever. Keep saying I'm going to take it hunting again someday, it's been over 20 years, still has the open sights.

When I was 14 my crazy uncle confvinced me to let him help me refinish it so it ended up with a crude drawing of an elk on one side and a grizzly on the other side as well as a gold trigger and bolt..... I think someday I'm going to fix that and take it back to the way it was.

I'm done rambling, again, fun subject.