It takes all kinds.
I have had an outfitter go out of his way to tell us the location of some elk he thought we would be interested in.
On the other hand I�ve had an outfitters guide complain that he had hunted this area 20 years, he felt his territorial rights were grandfathered in, didn�t like where our spike camp was located, and on and on. What really frosted me was that he picked on a young rookie hunter from my camp to voice his gripes.
The conversation went a little different when I confronted him.
I actually got on well with the outfitter himself but his guide made me bristle.

Outfitter vs outfitter � I was on a fishing charter where our outfitter was very territorial about his secret spot. When he saw a competitor�s boat in �his� part of the Pacific he stopped guiding us and began making high speed passes close to the competitor�s fishing boat. Neither boat�s clients appreciated that.

Not outfitters but other camps.
I�ve had good results by going to a nearby camp and offering to stay clear of them. I�ll ask them if there are areas they want us to stay out of. They appreciated that. Our camps began to help one another. Both camps had successful hunts.

Great topic BTW - Thanks for posting it.