Google earth is only revealing if the shot was taken in season. Remember, those are not real time images.

If it's public, go wherever. My tangent would be an attempt to capitalize on their movements. I.e. out well ahead of them and sitting on likely crossing spots.

Last season out on the first weekend, I scored a bull with hunters in sight on 3 sides of me. I got there first.

Two seasons before, I unknowingly ended up pushing for some horseback hunters. They got there first.

On the stand deal. Pre pronghorn last year, a gentleman that interrupted Cookies photo efforts volunteered that he had three other water sources already equipped with inexpensive Ebayed blinds solely to claim turf. Her spot would be his fourth. He would put in the good gear the day before the season. A "Scissor Bill" in my book. If folks respected his turf, he essentially had exclusive use of about 50 square miles.

With that knowledge and a tag, I just might have spent the night before the season in my blind of choice.

Some folks are simply butt heads of the first order. We've had instances of folks tarping over water holes to force movement to an exclusive open source.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/05/14.

1Minute