scopey58, at our age now and with the difficulty in drawing tags its not about trophy's or antlers any more. We were around when the hunting was grand and tags for antlered critters were abundant. I just want to hunt and get out into God's creation with whatever type of tool to hunt with. A lot of these younger fellows will never get the opportunities we had to hunt elk and deer every year.

Folks lets also remember that Texas is an awfully big State. A wonderful state to live in and be a native of. Not all of us so called Texans hunt from stands or on feeders. Here in West Texas there ARE not trees and no one puts out feeders either. It is mostly private ranches with mule deer and pronghorn and all spot and stalk. I'm not saying it's inexpensive to hunt but there is some good hunting. No whitetails out here. From what I've read Washington State is not very hunter friendly for drawing tags. Beautiful state though but a bit to liberal for my taste. Guess we'll have to stick to hunting NM,CO,WY,KS, or Montana! Good luck on your hunts this years guys and gals. Just Enjoy and be RESPECTFUL!

RCB