Originally Posted by smokepole
I would agree up to a point, if the tree stand was actually "abandoned."

But not if a guy just left it up for a few days in a spot he was hunting. That's not "salvaging," there's another word for it.

Originally Posted by saddlesore
Kind of on the other foot, but I know for fact that an outfitter or some of his staff that operates out of Gunnison went into a camp that had been left for others to use in the next season and took equipment and the notified the FS and they went in and took out what was left.

Smokey and saddlesore:

Interesting subject here. For the sake of debate, I'll turn things around from what I stated above.

Let's say an outfitter sets up a drop camp in late August, just before bow season. That camp is located remote from his base camp so it's not included within his 100 yard exclusive zone. He expects to put several hunters in that drop camp throughout the fall. So he leaves the camp in place for three months. I know that same Gunnison outfitter which ransacked the camp mentioned earlier does exactly that, and I know where some of his drop camps are located.

Now what happens if someone takes stuff from his drop camp? How's that different from what he did?

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.