Originally Posted by DINK
I never understood why someone would pay thousands of dollars to go on a elk hunt and then skimp on the bullet. The bullet does all the kill'n and everyone wants to go cheap.

I am poor/ cheap but after paying $600-$1000 for a elk tag, hundreds of dollars in fuel, time off, etc. I ain't worried about trying to save $50 in bullets.

I know cup and core bullets work most of the time but if a premium bullets makes the difference between a kill and a wound one time in a hunting lifetime it was worth it to me.

Dink

Same thought here. I spend alot of money in fuel, plane tickets, tags and just everything else. Using a 2.00 bullet for hunting seems like a bargain. I can shoot other bullets for practice and generally keep most everything the same once I switch over to a stouter bullet. Nosler's SPS pretty much allows me to use the same bullets for both, but I have a couple of loads when I run less expensive bullets for steel and paper then rezero and practice with the hunting bullets. A 100 premium bullets last awhile since I will probably only shoot 1-2 maybe three while hunting.

Semper Fi