Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by BWalker
The other picture I posted on that thread in question.
A FMJ will work.... Monometal bullets give up wound channel size for penetration. A look at any bullet test data that compares them to other bullets proves this. That's why many the Barnes cultist recommend lighter weight bullets and fast velocity. On top of this The TSX and earlier generation Barnes had quit a few instances of failure to expand. The TTSX was suppose to cure this, but there ave been a few documented failures to expand on this site.
I still use Barnes under certain circumstances like smaller guns and bigger critters. For 300 mags I have zero reservations in regards to using the 180 BT and have done so with great results. And by great results, I dont mean a Rost tracking party.

You are lucky to have recovered that deer given the shot pavement. You should be giving the bullet accolades instead of dogging them.

Shot through the lungs is bad placement? Welding fumes must have got to your brain.

You missed the lungs as the picture clearly illustrate. You simply refuse to admit it.

Your picture of the heart and lungs of the deer in question.
[Linked Image]

Not hit.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first