Yep, I'd like it much more if it has 2 holes in case it runs.

I'm not saying you havne't had a negative experience. But I have. And on very similar game with similar bullets.

I started with the first ever BTs we could get out of my BILs' 270. 130s. EXTREMELY destructive and at the time we were shooitng does that might have been 80 pounds on a cull deal on some ranches that were way overpopulated.
That was enough for me. JB has told me since then they have changed some of the jacket thicknesses and so on and thats good. If I were to lean to a BT in the future in a fast round, it certainly would be bonded at a minimum.

And I run a varmint BT 80 out of my 243 for deer right now. It works really well. But its only running maybe 1600 or so FPS. Nice and quiet and works well due to the reduced speed.

IMHO your time is coming. Thats what folks are trying to help you with.

But its your choice by far.

Like I said I hunt with cup and core. I simply have to limit my shot choices at times. Fine with me when I choose to go that route. But if I"m going to drive... lets say from MI to CO to hunt elk, time off, cost of tag, fuel, lodgind possibly, maybe a guide and so on.. See where I'm coming from?

If elk were in my back yard like deer, I'd bowhunt em.

Deer... they are in my backyard. I often bowhunt and have to pass up iffy shots. Same when I hunt with my 32-20. Same with the pistols. And so on.

But if I"m going long distance after a once a year or even less game, like elk would be to me and probably you since a drive from MI ain't short either, then sometimes I want to be prepared.

OTOH I hunt moose in AK in the falls. And fly up there and so on. And often choose a 30=30 or MZ and it limits me. Sometimes severely. To where I don't harvest something that had I been properly armed, I'd have taken.

So bottom line you can use about what you want to but a lot depends on the situation.

If you think the 180 bt out of a 300 mag, is the end all do all and the by far safest choice for any shot angle or choice, I'll just continue to dis agree with you.

Wish ya the best on the hunts, you are batting 100% now and I wish you the best that will continue!

Regards, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....