Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by DINK
I never understood why someone would pay thousands of dollars to go on a elk hunt and then skimp on the bullet. The bullet does all the kill'n and everyone wants to go cheap.

I am poor/ cheap but after paying $600-$1000 for a elk tag, hundreds of dollars in fuel, time off, etc. I ain't worried about trying to save $50 in bullets.

I know cup and core bullets work most of the time but if a premium bullets makes the difference between a kill and a wound one time in a hunting lifetime it was worth it to me.

Dink

I can afford to use any bullet I want and still use the 180gr Nosler BT out of my 300 magnums. You can spend alot more money only to lose accuracy and the ability to kill quickly....

In my opinion, If you keep pushing those bullets hard they will eventually let you down. Someday you'll find yourself chasing a elk or big body deer around with a BT that just didn't get it done.

Dink

The same could be said for any bullet. Mechanical things fail from time to time.

Sure it could. But if 180 grain BT blows up on elks shoulder joint you will be cussing yourself not choosing a better bullet. If the same thing happens with a partition or TTSX you chose the best bullet you could have.

Dink