I'm going to buy another rifle to hunt with this Fall ( I certainly don't need one, but you know how that goes). I have a few chamberings not currently in the safe, and I can't make up my mind which to add, so I figured who better to make up my mind for me than a bunch of rifle loonies sitting around the Fire? I most commonly hunt varmints, deer and Black bear, but also hogs, exotics, and an occasional foray for an elk (probably will take a 270 or 06). Deer being what I hunt the most.

I have reloaded for close to 20 years and I use a chronograph, so loading for older cartridges that are not commonly listed in manuals is not a huge hurdle. With all that said, here is the list I am trying to choose from. The one most recommended in this thread is the chambering I will purchase a rifle for and use, at least on a few hunts, this Fall:

7mm Mauser (7x57)
6.5 Swede
6.5 Creedmoor (I have a 260 rem)
250 Savage (careful with elk)
257 Bob (should have kept my last one) and (careful with elk)
7mm-08 (never owned one)
300 savage (gotta be a 99?)

What say ye?

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson