Pharmseller
Here's just a couple things from my own experience, and they may be right or wrong.
I really like antelope meat. I don't shoot nearly as much or as good as Larry (Boxer) does so I try to limit my shots to not much over 200 yards so that i can plink them right through the lungs, midway between the back of the ribs and the back of the shoulder so as to not ruin any meat. I kind of know where the antelope run where I hunt them, so sometimes I just go plunk myself down behind a sagebush and let the opening day crowd chase one up to me. Or, if there aren't a lot of hunters, do a very careful sneak on one.
Another point is that for whatever reason, the 6X Leupolds I have had have had a lot of parallax. If I clamped the rifle they were mounted on in a vise, adjusted the vise so the crosshairs were on an object 300 yards away, and then looked through the scope while moving my head back and forth, there would be a lot of apparent movement of the crosshairs. I remedied that by sending the scopes back to Leupold and having the parallax adjusted to 400 yards. When I got the scopes back, there was very little parallax from muzzle to 500 yards plus. A good rifleman can mostly eliminate the parallax problem with perfect cheek weld, but I ain't in that class, never was and never will be.
Another help I have found with the 6X scopes is to fashion targets that fit the crosshairs. I start with the targets with the one inch grids on them, and put two vertical strips of tape and two strips of horizontal tape that will show a sliver of white on each side of the crosshairs at whatever distance I am shooting. This can really tighten up your bench groups. Because animals don't have distinct aiming spots, you can aim about as precisely on game with a 6X as you can with anything.
Please bear in mind, these are all just opinions of a guy that is tied with a myoptic orangutan for the title of world's worst hunter! smile