Originally Posted by magshooter1
We've already been thru the gun thing. She get's hers, her dad's and I get mine and my family's. Course there ain't squat in the kitchen to cook with anymore. Took the good stuff and left me the crap as I expected. I got a dining room table; my grandmother's but no chairs; she bought them. Heck I noticed this morning she even took the POS kitchen clock. Just kinda chuckled to myself and went to work. Kitchen is pretty empty, took baking center and both sets of shelves plus the cabinet over the baking center. She did do me a small favor though. When she got her stuff our of our bathroom she gave it a thorough cleaning.

Sure is quiet now with her and her cat gone and daughter gone to college. Just me and the daughter's invisible cat. Think I'm gonna be a hunting and kayaking SOB this fall. In some ways I'm kinda relieved. Guess I didn't realize how tuff things had gotten between us.

I went through the same thing about a year ago. Mine was NOT amiable, I caught her fooling around when I was off at work and gave her the swift boot out the door. When it was all over she came in and took most of the kitchen stuff which she had originally brought with her into the marriage. Fortunately for me most of her stuff was junk so when she took all that crap I had a chance to upgrade most everything in the house. Most things around the house are much better quality now and there isn't hoarded Wal-mart chinese junk crammed into every nook and crannie. She got some of the furniture too, I replaced it all with much nicer stuff. Helping hint: craigslist is your friend, a little diligent watching will let you upgrade for cheap. It's amazing what people will sell for a little of nothing. I got a $4000 italian leather couch and loveseat in almost new condition for $400 from a woman who repainted her living room and the new color didn't match the couch.

Hunt and kayak your a$$ off my friend. I hunted like a madman last fall and killed three really nice bucks, had my best year ever.

It will be a drastic improvement, trust me.