Originally Posted by ingwe
John, I have thought of the 53s a few times but Im stocked up on the 50s, and frankly after seeing what they do, accuracy wise, out to 600, if the 53s could shoot better than that, Im not a good enough shooter to wring it out of them�

Hows THAT for a run-on sentence? grin

My english teacher would be so proud.

Well Tom,

I am sure that stock of 50s will finally disappear down range.. do yourself a favor.. pick up a box of 53s, and when it is time to restock your stash of V Maxes....you'll make the better choice next time...

as for myself, with this shortage, I've sorta standardized on the 40 grain V Maxes, the 53s for longer ranges and for the fast twist 223s and 22.250, the 75 BTHP... with ZERO input from "Yoda" ( that short little fat green Nerd from Craig AK)...as I have found the 75 BTHP to be more accurate than the 75 AMax...

and for the longer ranges still using an AMax, may I suggest the 80s over the 75s.. I pick those up in the 600 count boxes for right around a C Note or less on line...my fast twist 22.250 ( one in 7 twist ) REALLY loves those bullets for reaching WAAAAAY OUT there....and they shoot just great out of a 1 in 9 twist Savage BVSS in 223....( try H 322 or your good old IMR 4895 )