Yes, I noticed that on the classic sporter I had done. A little polishing of the raceways and it was back to normal. I'm going to have the bolt jeweled on this pre so there won't be an awful lot of cerakote on the inside of the receiver. I totally agree with you though. Something to be mindful of and you usually learn that on your first cerakoted action.. Here's an old tanger my cerakote guy did for me. He also jeweled the bolt. He does fantastic work:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Come to think about it, I've been looking at the transition you sold. If you google Winchester model 70 "cerakote pictures", yours is one of the first pictures you run across, along with a picture of my classic sporter that is cerakoted sniper grey and in a bansner stock just like this pre 64 I'm working on. I really like the brown McMillan I bought from you and want to make the bansner look just like it:
[Linked Image]

The bansner is light as hell and stiff. I like it. The weight of the rifle (when I get done with it) should be less than 8 pounds all up (scoped and sling)..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA