Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
BSA, This has been a fun post to follow, all Im going to say is you have made me take my 300 win mag pre 64 out of the safe and start hunting a stock! I wish it was not so dam nice, I would take it in to ceracoat! Im going to really work it out on the bench today as I have shot it very little, find out what she will do! very best WinPoor

Thanks winpoor ol buddy. I wouldn't have cerakoted this one, but I was looking for a good strong weather resistant option that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Plus the bluing on this one was worn thin. The guy that does mine lives 12 miles away from me and his turn around time is less than a week, that even includes the bolt jeweling, which I think is some of the nicest work I've seen. He takes his time and really does it right, even though his turnaround time is super quick. I'll be honest, I have loved the 338 win mag for a long time and this rifle is just about perfect for what I want to use it for. I've never really taken the "light" rifle plunge, but this one seems pretty light to me for a 338, but still surprisingly manageable. I need to develop some loads with some of my 250gr. sierra gamekings and see if I can get consistent sub moa groups like I got with my Ruger m77 MKII. When I get a good load worked up, I'm going to shoot Carl Ross' positional drill match for practice and see how she does in different field positions. I'm looking forward to that, it should be interesting... This thread has been fun for me, I'm glad you guys are enjoying it too. Thanks...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA