I'd call High Tech Specialties and let them know what you are looking for. I'm sure they would be glad to help. One thing I noticed with the bansner on my classic sporter is that it needed a lot of work to get it to where it fit perfect. I believe Mcmillan inlets their stocks better, thus less work on our end. I knew that about the High Tech Specialties stocks going into it, but figured I'd give you the heads up. Have you considered a brown "pounder". I think that is one of BobinNH's favorite stocks on the pre 64's. There's also the very hard to find (because winpoor has all of them grin...) pacific research rimrock (Borden) stock that is very nice. The forend's may still be a little fatter than you want, but the drop at the heel/comb are not as much as the Mcmillan hunters compact. Good luck with your project DD. Please post some pictures of some of your stuff when you can. Sounds like you are trying to get things put together in your mind for a real nice model 70. Next step is to make it come alive wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA