Well, I shot the new rifle today. I had planned on shooting some loads that I loaded up this morning. I figured I'd shoot some of my loads that were worked up for my Alaskan, just to get it dialed in. I shot more of those loads today than I figured I would. They seemed to shoot pretty good. I'll shoot some of those other loads at a later date. Here's the load data for my 338 Alaskan:

225 gr. Hornady sp interlock
71.5 gr. H4350
Nickel plated R-P brass
CCI 250
3.370" OAL
2,867 fps average velocity (in 338 Alaskan)

First 3 shot group after getting on paper. First shot was from old look thru bore method bore sighting. Adjusted the scope down 8 clicks for 3 shot group:
[Linked Image]

Second group:
[Linked Image]

3rd group:
[Linked Image]

4th group:
[Linked Image]

As you can see, the Swaro was not tracking very well. Even the first adjustment down (8 clicks) was not correct. I adjusted 3 clicks to the left after the third group and it went too far. I then adjusted it 1 click to the right for this last group. 10 shots fired. I screwed up the 8th shot. Entirely my fault:
[Linked Image]

I look forward to seeing how it likes the 250gr. sierra gameking loads I worked up this morning. I fired off 25 rounds today and these are the results. As always, trying to keep it honest here....I see a lot of potential in this rifle and don't know why anyone would get rid of something like this. It feels like one of my fwt's as it weighs right at 8 pounds all up (with ammo). With ammo means it holds 5 rounds wink. Here's the rifle on the stock template which helps to show the ergos/drop at heel, length of fore end, length of grip, etc. etc...:
[Linked Image]

Like Brad has said, the parallel comb helps to mitigate recoil. This one was not bad to shoot off the bench for a light 338. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA