Thanks for the very informative post Bob. As per usual, it is much appreciated. You are correct in that the pre 64 Bansner has a cheek piece and the classic doesn't. That seems odd to me. I'm wondering why they decided to do that??? I also saw a stock in the classifieds today that looks exactly like mine and the OP said it's a "brown precision". DD also saw that one. I'm thinking the op may be wrong, or maybe I'm wrong about my stock. To me, it has all the features and profiles as the Bansner pre 64 stock. It looks exactly like the ones pictured on their website. Bob, are these that similar that they would look exactly the same? My stock is extremely light (25 OZ's) with glass bedding. Is there a chance it may be a Brown precision?

Not to change the subject, but I'm in the reloading room right now and getting a chuckle about the groups I shot yesterday with the new rifle. This nickel brass is once fired in my old Ruger m77 338 Win mag, loads worked up in the Alaskan and now fired in this rifle..... I was also thinking about starting a thread titled "first groups/first impressions". I remember and have records of the first group fired in every rifle I own/sold. Some have done better than others, but about 98% of them printed less than an inch. This one is one of them and it turned in a very respectable .566" group. Re-cap on that one:

[Linked Image]

I think I'm going to hang on to this one Bob... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA