fwiw - the stocks are very comfortable to me. For comparison, they are a bit thicker through the grip than the Kimber Montana, but thinner and with a straighter grip than a McMillan M40A1/HTG, and way thinner than an A-5. I also run Accuracy Internationals, but they are a whole different animal. I've not tried a McM Edge, so cannot compare it to that.

The texture is nicely done, comfortable in cold weather, and with a bit more "grip" to it than the Kimber Montana stock. The rifle has substantially less recoil than the Kimber Montana comparing 308 to 308 with identical loads.

I've broken wood stocks, but have yet to ever break a fiberglass handle of any make listed above. Guess I'm not as "hard charging" as some, but have wandered a few miles now and then through the brush, taken a ride a time or two down a rocky slope, and hunted a B&C in Saskatchewan in -25F which rode in a plastic carrier on an ATV down miles of old logging roads for reference.

Give the one it is supplied with a try. Seems nicely done, unless one is looking for an ultralight. They do offer another rifle model that is lighter overall on the website, as well as wood and blue for those that want to go that route. This review was just the set-up I I prefer, and which are working well for me.

The one thing I am still fiddling with is finding the right combination of rings, base, and scope.

The Farrel pic rail is milled thicker than necessary, thus causing the scopes to sit too high even with low rings.

The Talley lightweights just do not seem durable enough for me, and I prefer to avoid something failing in the field.