So I stopped by their booth at SHOT. Of course my phone was dead. Checked out the new stock. Initial impression was that I liked it. It is nowhere near as chunky as the B&C stocks. It was very thin in grip area. The stock felt much slimmer than what I am used to when it comes to a B&C stock. They did confirm that they make their own stocks in house. The finish was black with a grey speckle, and it is very grippy, not smooth at all. Felt great in the hand. While no McMillian, it had a rock solid feel with zero flex. Definitely one of the better factory stocks I saw today. Afterwards I went straight to the Weatherby booth and checked out their rifles with the B&C stocks. They felt and looks horrible, like big blocky 2x4's. It was amazing how bad the Montana Rifles made the Weatherby's seem, we all agreed.

I really, really liked the Colorado Buck edition and actually met the man himself. Super cool guy. It is basically the same as the XWR with the exception on a different stock color and cerakote on the barrel. I confirmed that you can in fact get it without a muzzle break. The whole package with a Leupold 4.5x14 CDS with Talleys is pretty nice, and not a bad price at all.

If they shoot as good as they look, I don't know why someone would by a current Winchester for basically the same price.

Last edited by STS45; 01/20/15.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.