Originally Posted by Oregon45
Anyone who doubts the strength of quality, investment cast firearms is only showing an ignorance that should have been put to bed 60 years ago with the introduction of Ruger's revolvers.

Count me in the ignorant group then, I am sure you can add plenty of others too. The real question is why would I possibly want an investment cast Model 70 clone in the first place? If what someone really wants is a true model 70, they can just buy a nice properly machined New Haven stainless rifle, sell off the parts they don't want, and easily build what they desire. No need to take the cheap clone wanna-be Model 70 route.

The true benefit to all of this is you now own a "real" Model 70, and you don't have to go around convincing people that your cast MRC is just as good or better, while they just shake their heads, roll their eyes, and laugh behind your back.

Thirty years from now when your Grandson asks you what big game rifle you used in the world's game fields, you can proudly say that you used a real Model 70, not some cast no name schitter--lol.