Everyone is very welcome.

While the MRC is obviously a reincarnated inspiration of the pre-64 M70, answering the questions and taking the photos has made me notice details that previously were unnoticed differences between the two and other rifles as well. So, this has been an interesting and informative exercise for me as well.

Jason's question made me notice another difference again illustrating the difference in the gas handling changes.

So those of you thinking this thread has cost you money, make room for me, as my safe is going to be rearranged as well as the MRC's bump out a few others.

Originally Posted by 4th_point

I'm curious if the bolt body has transverse holes... if so, which direction do they point when the bolt it closed? Down and into mag, or into the left raceway?

That left-side add-on baffle looks very similar to the Winchester.

Jason,

I only have a pre-64 M70, having sold my more current vintage years ago. If someone has some photos of the bolts of the current M70 and Kimber Montana, those might be of interest.

Are these the holes to which you refer? They are at the 9 o'clock position on the pre-64 M70 i.e. they empty into the left raceway.

[Linked Image]

Here is the MRC - much larger, and they empty into the 6 o'clock position with the bolt closed.

[Linked Image]