Dave, glad that answered your question. Sorry it took so long. Finally catching up on loading and rifle stuff.

22" is about as short as I like in 308, or most others for that matter. Any shorter than that and muzzle blast becomes unpleasant, at least to me. The 260 with the 22" barrel really feels nice in hand. I used it in our brush this year, and it was a very handy length.

This rifle has a very solid build and feel, which I like. I am happy with it as is, and much prefer it to the Kimber Montana it replaced, which was just above 6# all up. Pick the scope you like. Fixed scopes do not do much for me and I've been through a handful through the years. If I were to go hauling up mountains, the NF 2.5-10x42 with MOAR would be riding up top.

MRC shows a lighter rifle on their website called the Colorado Buck. I have no idea who he is. No weight is given, but the rifle looks like it should be lighter. It has a Kevlar stock and #2 contour barrel for some rounds, and #5 for others. (There is no contour # given for the XWR's, so not sure where it falls.) Shaving the bottom metal, mag box, and here and there on the receiver could lighten things some more too. List price is $1850.

Then they have a custom shop, which probably could shave everything to just about whatever your back and wallet can bear. smile

These will be seeing more range time this year. They really feel nice in hand, and are pleasant to shoot. I'll put up a range report now and then as they have more rounds down them.