I used to say that the Tikka T3 was not a budget rifle but as of late I have changed my thinking on the subject. Here's what I came up with.

Budget rifle $300-$600

Mid rifle $600- $1000

Caddilac rifle $1000-$2500

Keep in mind my theorizing is based on the middle class citizen who now are somewhat lower than middle class. And it is only my opinion.

With that said if the Tikka T3 truly is a budget rifle it is the budget rifle of my choice. I think I would classify it as the caddilac of the budget rifles. I appreciate such features of the Tikka rifle such as the strong and durable polymer parts because they do bring the weight of the rifle to a point that fits perfectly in my opinion. I also appreciate the high level of accuracy and the butter smooth functioning of the action.

Though the Tikka T3 may be the rifle I choose to carry I do not consider it to be the King of the budget rifles. To be King I believe the rifle must offer a lot for the $ spent and though I pay to get a Tikka because of features I like the features are pricey enough it doesn't meet the best bang for the buck.

The verdict is still out for me exactly which rifle is the King of the Budget rifles however I am leaning some toward the Ruger American.

Shod

Last edited by Shodd; 01/21/15.

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok