Originally Posted by 2muchgun
For the price of a $600 Tikka, I just bought a 700 ADL in 243, and glass bedded it into a B&C Medalist.

What I have now is a USA made rifle with a true short action, a fiberglass stock, a steel bolt shroud, a glass bedded action, and a 2.5 lb. trigger, that already shoots 1.25" groups at 200 yds. That is with the 1 and only load tried thus far, so better accuracy is undoubtedly yet to come.

Why anyone would take a foreign made 243 on a long action, tupperware stock, full of plastic parts over said rifle for same price is beyond my realm of thinking. Truly.

I wouldn't classify Tikkas as budget rifles. They may be have budget rifle parts/design, but they certainly don't have a budget rifle price.......

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind (nor in yours, obviously) that you might be the most amazing and knowledgeable rifle expert the internet has ever seen. You regularly exhibit it here. Everyone should follow your trail to Nirvana (rifle speaking).

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ