You can get all of those things for $250 less. And I'm not so sure I agree on the stock comment. It is just as run-of-the-mill as any of the others IMO, and anything but what I would consider "sturdy". But the bedded B&C that I installed on the ADL was very sturdy, and included for the same price.

It seems many here claim "Tikka performance" from their $350 RAR rifles. But some choose not to listen.

I look at everything subjectively, and am brand loyal to none. If Remington or anyone else turns out a POS, I'm more than happy to call it such. Even if I bought it. Others go out of their way to justify their purchases. Which is sad.

I can't see the Tikka barrel and trigger costing any more to produce than any of the others. Nor the stock. But I can see the "recoil lug", shroud, magazine, and (in many cases but not all) receiver costing less. And unlike some, I really do prefer a true short action for s/a cartridges.

A hammer forged barrel is just that. Nothing to write home about, and hardly more costly to produce in comparison, once the equipment is paid for.

The Tikka trigger is excellent. Best part of the rifle, IMO. Mine is set at 19 ozs. and required no work. I can get 700 triggers down pretty low and have them break like glass. But it requires work and time to do so. Sometimes stoning and/or a new spring.

In part for part comparisons, I can't justify the much higher price tag over much less costly rifles. I have asked others to do so, but they never seem to be able to either.Where is the extra $250 at? He11, a $300 Stevens compares favorably at half the price and shoots well.

There are plenty of other rifles that shoot well and cost less. And I don't consider that opinion.

The topic was "budget rifles", right?