It seems to me that the guys who buy Remingtons, and have always been buying Remingtons, keep buying Remingtons with no complaints, or very little. I hear lotsa whining from guys I know damn well don't even run 700s or have never owned more than 1 in their life.

I have a bunch of them here. 3 are newer. One had a bad extractor. It was a 5 minute fix at Karl's house. Remington even sent me a spare in the mail, FOC. Still have it in the envelope.

Other than that, of the bunches of 700s I have owned/do own, no troubles. None. All shoot very well. Contrary to what you may read, they required no tinkering or changing of parts to do so. Just a trigger adjustment.

I have owned many other rifles that shot very well, but required more attention out of the box. Savages that mined copper like a prospector and don't feed right, CZs with horribly rough actions and terribly tuned triggers, Winchesters with hot glue "bedding" that needed removed and rebedded to shoot, and Ruger 77s and #1s with horribly rough barrels that never produced very good accuracy in any factory form, etc., etc.

I have not had any troubles with Vanguard I have owned since the 1980s. Not the best trigger, but a trouble free tackdriver.

I may add that every one of above rifles cost me more than my last 2 Remington purchases that work/shoot very well.

For $379 a 700 ADL is still very hard to beat. Regardless of what you may read on the internet......