Originally Posted by 2muchgun

The fact remains, I have yet for anyone to validate the extra $250 or so the Tikka costs, in comparison to actual budget rifles like the 700 ADL, Marlin, Mossberg, RAR, etc.

I have a 700 ADL in 30/06, An RAR 243, used to have a Marlin XS7 243, and I've got to some Tikkas.

In the accuracy department my Tikkas win hands down especially at the 500 yd line.

The Marlin XS7 243 would often times shoot around 8" at 500.

The 700 CDL shoots around 7" at 500

My 270 Tikka has turned in a lot of 3" groups at 500

As far as actions go I pulled all my rifles off the wall and handed them to my 7 year old who now is 8 for a true action cycling test. The result were the Tikka action was the only one she was able to cycle. She cycled the action with relative ease. She now is the proud owner of a Tikka super lite in 223.

Bedding.....I glass bedded my 700 ADL,
.....Glass bedded my Marlin XS7
.....The Tikkas, only an idiot would glass bed something that doesn't need it.
.....The RAR I haven't touched yet because its going up for sale. Won't say why...I'll just say I'm unhappy with it.

Trigger.....Tikka hands down

Dependability

Tikka.....zero problems, it does have some polymer parts. Though I and most others have never seen a failure of the polymer parts apparantly they are crap.

I guess they should have made them out of steel like the Remington bolt. crazy

Marlin XS7...zero problems

RAR.....No way in hell I would take it as is on an important hunt

700 CDL....misfires, note to self....don't shoot it like a Tikka because it won't go that many rounds without a good cleaning.

Overall performance from the factory with zero modifications.

The Tikka will dependably take game at 500 yds+ off the shelf

The Marlin XS7 I would use off the shelf to 400 yds.

The CDL in stock form with zero modification sucks. Groups without bedding were sufficient for 200 yd accuracy.

The RAR with zero modification sucks. The trigger is horrendous and the action feeds like sandpaper.

Yes I do realize NASA completely missed the boat when they refused to build the space shuttle out of steel.

It was at this point when the lead director of NASA.....now known as 2muchgun had no alternative but to resign. laugh laugh

PS...This is only my opinion. By making this statement thereof I hereby declare to be free and clear of any pissing matchs with any individuals or individual thereof.

Thank you grin

Shod

Last edited by Shodd; 01/29/15.

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok