Gunnar has received all of his items. The rifle is a Ruger Hawkeye in .257 Roberts, with a 2-7 Vortex Crossfire scope, buck knife, sling, Leupold binoculars, and a caping knife.

Brass and ammunition was also sent from two other members, and this is a huge help, as we all can guess how often one encounters factory ammo for this rifle!

Here he is with the rifle and scope mounted.

[Linked Image]

We took it to the range, but were only able to get it sighted in, and the weather (rain) pushed us off the range. It is shooting well, but will require some fine tuning.

A HUGE Thank You to all those who donated this year. Gunnar has his very own rifle, and is super excited to put it to use.

It is very rewarding to be a part of such a great community of hunters and shooters that make up this site. A special thank you to Seafire, and the network of great individuals that stepped forward to make this happen. When it all started, I had no idea how much generosity would soak thorough this thread and into the hearts of my son and I. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

“I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love, and it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.” John Steinbeck