Originally Posted by jimmyp
Still trying to wrap my head around it I have both with float and without float. I don't see such a huge difference. Here is what I am thinking. Hand loads make a shooter out of any gun if you work at. Maybe I need to mess with Some 855 and see what it does float vs no float

More than likely the huge difference is not using the bench rest correct or running sling tension on a non floated gun.

855 is what it is, IMHO you don't make it better simply by floating the gun. The projectile is the problem, its mass produced for speed, not for accuracy.

BUT I have been wrong before.

I simply have not seen a huge amount of difference until you put slings on the guns. But I can count the times I've shot a gun without a good barrel on it, and with FMJ ammo on both hands and feet and have digits left over. Played the load ball bullets with care thing for a bit till I realized the bullets were the problem.. not the rest of the "load" hence the use of mexican match so common for years.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....