Rost,

What would've happened to his groups had he released all sling tension for some of those rounds? How about if he rested the mag on the ground, or shoot off a hood of a vehicle, or around a barricade?

Originally Posted by deflave
Hey Form, which Go-Pro is that on your helmet.

Thanks.

Travis

The see in the dark model. grin.

Originally Posted by jimmyp
Still trying to wrap my head around it I have both with float and without float. I don't see such a huge difference. Here is what I am thinking. Hand loads make a shooter out of any gun if you work at. Maybe I need to mess with Some 855 and see what it does float vs no float

Ammo has nothing to do with it. MK262 was used for the tests.

The guns were zeroed by each shooter off of a bench. Then 2x10 round groups were fired at 100 and 200 off the bench as the control. Then 10 round were fired from 10 different alternate positions. Ie- 1 shot mag mono podded, 1 shot off a hood, 1 off a barricade, 1 with a vertical fore grip, 1 with a flashlight added, 1 with a Peq15 mounted, 1 with a tight sling, etc. Then the forends were swapped, guns were rezeroed and the whole thing was repeated.

The differance in group size between floated and non float off the bench ranged between .5 MOA and 2 MOA. The newer shooters had the most deviation presumably due to inconsistencies in hold. The best shooters showed little difference. Again off the bench. Once the alternate positions were shot the differences were huge.

That specific test was about more than just handguards, but for a field gun, a FF handguard is probably the best investment one can make.